Hubay Music Hall
Jenő Hubay, the world famous violinist, composer and educator built his house on the banks of the river Danube in 1897-98. On the first floor of the four storey building, in the legendary white Music Hall gatherings of music, literature and other arts were regularly held, which were considered highlights of the Hungarian cultural life for four decades. The renowned music hall suffered a quiet spell following the World War II and was only reopened to the public in 2008, having been bought and renovated by the owners of Hotel Victoria. Today it is a part of the hotel and, together with some other rooms of the Hubay palace; it can be entered through the hotel lobby.